Friday, January 15, 2010

Mercedes 5 cyl. Diesel

I found some info on the diesel that they most often put in the dodge sprinter these days. Spec Sheet
Not the most impressive numbers, but great potential for some small upgrades, and considering it's a rather small engine, it would be perfect for a jeep project. I am disappointed in the rest of the vehicle, but that's beside the point. there is so little info about this engine it's hard to judge to soon. Being only 2.7L you could almost fit it in a toyota prius, Speaking of a prius...

Just found a forum that looks cool.. and others. Forums. 1 2
Oh and this just look like great fun for a small price, Here!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah... that small diesel motor I was thinking about using in my go cart... also, I'm if we ever fence again I have plans on rebuilding my small auger and slapping one of those on there.

    That mercedes looks good but my concern would be of course how easy it would be to team it with a good tranny... probably lots of strange computer codes would have to be worked out. Might be better to start with one of those mercedes that are in those cars... I don't know.

    ReplyDelete