Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stack Hardware Purchased


I spoke earlier of how I was going to put together a custom high flow exhaust system. After running the numbers for all the parts and shipping costs it came out to be more than just buying a regular system. I would have to pay close to $400 for all the parts and that would give me an aluminized/galvanized system. For only $310 Silverline sells a stainless stack kit, (minus the tips) and Xtremediesel.com has free shipping. The kit plumbs into your 4" pipe and changes over to five right before the split in the bed. This setup works perfectly with what I have so I went ahead and ordered one. It will be nice to have everything I need right in the kit... it is fun to put stuff together yourself but it is so time consuming getting everything together... Also, stainless is the best.

I can't wait until Spring break to install this and the airdog!!

Little disappointed because Xtremediesel.com says that both the airdog and stack kit won't be in stock until sometime in march... If this type of service is normal I might start shopping elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. that will be really sweet when you get them installed, I wonder how it will affect your EGTs, and you will finally get that muffler off! lol. The stacks will look Hawt!!! and if you can get a little smoke... sweeeeeet!!! Bad-ass all around man.
    Trent

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little concerned about the noise though... I know you have always been into the idea of me loosing the muffler though... it'll probably be so loud car alarms will be going off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesss!!! That is what I'm talk'n about, That's one thing about the cummins; you don't have to do any revving for it to be crazy loud, unlike the power stroke where it's not as deep at an idle.
    Trent

    ReplyDelete